Monday, December 10, 2012

Life and Death

So here is my life and death illustration. The deal was to make 2 illustrations, each 15" x 10". They were supposed to portray the life and death of something. So I choose the life and death of a restoration, I thought that was a clever idea. I choose to do a classic ferrari, who doesn't love classic ferraris. But I started with the death one and I really liked how it turned out, I tried to go looser with this one. Then I did the life one and I just could not get it to turn out. I think with the death one the rusted colors and dirt worked really well with the technique I choose. With the life one though the car was already in pristine and clean condition, so trying the looser technique took away its shine. It looks like a boring photo now. I am really happy with the death one though, and if it wasn't for the life one I would of used it in my portfolio. This one took about 7 hours I would say. 






No comments:

Post a Comment